Mirabai Galashan helps people get unstuck and find the inspiration to live life to the fullest. Her truly holistic approach synthesizes traditional CBT and behavioral change techniques with somatic therapies, transpersonal psychology, psychoneuroimmunology, mindfulness and other meditation techniques. Mirabai has traveled the global inspiring, encouraging and supporting exceptional people and companies to reach their full potential. She has over 15 years’ experience working in settings ranging from multi-national corporations to inpatient psychiatric units, providing individual and group coaching and counseling, business training, clinical education seminars and personal growth retreats and workshops. She is currently residing in Hawaii where she offers Ocean Safaris to swim with wild dolphins, whale watching tours, coaching, workshops and retreats.
Mirabai has a background in communications and organizational development. She received a Master of Theology in Healthcare Chaplaincy from Cardiff University, undertook her clinical residency at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and obtained board certification. Her graduate research on the spiritual care of people of all faiths and none led her to be appointed to lead a task force for the Association of Professional Chaplains exploring how to foster more diversity within the profession. Mirabai is certified in life and leadership coaching and through the International Critical Incident Stress Management Foundation as facilitator of both individual and group interventions and debriefings and has extensive experience in helping people recover from trauma including adult survivors of childhood physical and sexual abuse, healthcare providers who have experienced secondary traumatization and military veterans with PTSD. Mirabai is a level 3 Facilitator for Woman Within, she attended her invitation weekend in January 1998 and has 13 years experience as a certified facilitator of somatic and experiential process work around the world. Mirabai is also an accomplished practitioner and teacher of massage, yoga, meditation and several other complementary healing modalities.
Mirabai is a dynamic and engaging author and speaker. She has lectured and presented at the annual conferences of SAP, the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization and the Association of Professional Chaplains, the Alzheimer’s Association, the Spirituality, Religion, and Health Interest Group of the University of Pennsylvania, the School of Nursing at the University of Pennsylvania, UMDNJ, the New School and Columbia University.
Mirabai Galashan is also known for The Love Seat, a performance art/spiritual practice hybrid that utilizes psychoneuroimmunology to explore the nexus between Healing and Art. She has appeared on TV and radio in the US and Europe, been published in national consumer and business magazines, authored chapters in medical and theological textbooks and academic journals and published two CD’s, Discovering Your Life Purpose and Meditations with Mirabai, guided visualizations for healing and deep relaxation.
Having worked in hospice for many years, Mirabai Galashan is an ardent advocate for quality of life. She has a keen appreciation and fervent desire to share with others the realization of how precious our time really is.
Qualifications and Experience
- Former journalist and published author, graphic design for national publications print and DTP
- Blue chip FMCG and B2B Marketing, PR and Advertising Experience
- Organizational Development: Trainer and Executive Coach
- Counselor with experience in Trauma, Bereavement, Sexual Abuse, PTSD from inpatient Psychiatric clinical to private practice
- Facilitator with worldwide experience creating and presenting workshops and retreats for adults and adolescents
- Educator: Curriculum Development, lecturer and trainer in Adult Higher Education and Continuing Professional Development
- Professional acting, radio, television and voice-over
- Master Of Theology: Healthcare Chaplaincy
- Board Certified Healthcare Chaplain
- 4 units Clinical Pastoral Education
- Critical Incident Stress Management: Certified facilitator of individual and group interventions
- Certification in Leadership Development Coaching in International Management
- Professional Practitioner of Therapeutic Massage
- Registered Yoga Teacher
- Facilitator Mantram Meditation
- Facilitator Kindfulness (mindfulness + compassion + gratitude)
- Life Coach Certification with Martha Beck
- Reiki Master, Healer, Thai Yoga Massage, Barefoot Shiatsu, Reflexology